Futuretrack is the biggest survey of UK student career development ever undertaken.
It examines the relationship between higher education, employment and how students’ views of career options change during their studies.
1. Discovering more about the experience of applying for higher education.
2. Exploring the education and career development of a group of UCAS applicants over a six-year period.
3. Examining the impact of community background on:
- the information available to those applying to enter higher education
- the choices that they make
- the implications of these choices.
4. Tracking and comparing the experience and aspirations of those who decided to go on a gap year - or miss out uni altogether.
The findings are contributing significantly to our knowledge about student and graduates' career decision-making.
This information is helping government and careers advisers provide better information and guidance.
In short, Futuretrack is creating better career opportunities for students.